Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tea and Scone.

Dear Jounal,
13.12.2008.
Cameron Highland was so much beautiful than I have imagined. It was a wonderful trip.
We started the journey around 6 am in the morning and we took our own sweet time driving the car. Kak Mun made a delicious sandwhich and the window was kept open because we couldn't wait to feel the fresh air.
There's also magnificent view that we had on the way the journey. I cannot stop talking in the car about how beautiful the view was. The cave, the all green mountains and beautiful perfect blue sky.

Wonderful view.


Once we made it to the mountain and heading to Tanah Rata, the fresh air just kept entering my lungs I just couldn't stop to breathe. I keep doing the hand motion like in the Mukhsin movie, the fish-like hand motion outside the window and I can't stop smiling. When we passed by some the farm and garden, Kak Mun can't stop saying "Eyh, kobis! Eyh, Tomato! Seronoknya!" :)

Some of the farm that we passed by.

To tell the truth, the road was really kind of making me felt a little bit dizzy due to the snake-like road. It's like all the way from the upper mountain to the Tanah Rata, the road was never straight! But the excitement clouds my headache and I just couldn't wait to see our place to stay. Yes true, we get a little bit lost during finding our place, but just a little bit. After arrving, I know it was worth our time to find this place. I was speechless.

Bala's Holiday Chalet is a English-cottage-like chalet and restaurant. It was the most beautiful place I've ever seen with a lot of flowers, leaves around the wall and they have this tea garden where you could enjoy your hot tea and scones. Oh scones, I get to that part later.



We were lead by the owner of the chalet to our own cottage, and oh-my-god, the first thing in my mind, I said, this is just perfect. We had this very small little cottage or room that has little window that viewed the magnificent garden just outside and this little chimney too!

After a few hours just roaming aroung the chalet, we started to headed to the Bharat Tea Plantation which not so far from our place. Haih, just see the picture I took. You will understand what I mean.



This is the view from the tea shop that we sat. No words could describe my feelings that moment. Cold air hit my face and the smell of hot tea filled my nose. I ordered the tea set and of course, the oh-so delicious scones with fresh made strawberry jam and whiped cream. I had my first scone that time, and the taste of it just out of words to describe. With magnificent view ahead of me, hot tea and delicious scones, what else could you asked for a perfect holiday?


Me wit the tea set and see the sones?

After satisfied with our tea, but with me feeling like I wanted to order one more scones, but due to its RM12 per set, I sadly ignored my wanting. So then, of course we have to feel the tea leaves by ourselve. So..


Yep, I agree. We can't use the word 'feel' because I practically hugged and grab the tea leaves because I was so happy to saw it first time in my life. It was funny indeed. :)

We had our luch at T-Cafe in Tanah Rata. I found out about this cafe in the internet, so I said, that we MUST go to this cafe. As usual, I never failed in finding the perfect place, same to go for Bala's Chalet and now this perfect cafe. The menu was just perfect for our budget for this trip and with affordable price. I was practically screamed when I saw the price for the scone set. The waitress was like, why? why? It was RM2.50 pe set for God sake! I just spend RM 12 on scones at Bharat Tea before this. But it's ok. I learn since then that this cafe is the only place that we should go for this trip. :)


I ordered the Char Kueh Teow. It was delicious. I was intended to took pictures of all meal that I ate during that trip. I only remember after I realize I just finished the meal. :)



So, after having a splendid lunch, we all decided to call it off for the day. After the long journey, we decided to just relax and enjoyed the cool breeze at the Bala's Chalet's beautiful garden.




14.12.2008.


We woke up early the next morning and check out around 9.00 am. We wanted to avoided the jam on the way to Brinchang since all the place we wanted to visit are most of it in the Brinchang town. So, yes, we decided to keep breakfast a hold (i know right. how can u start a day without a breakfast?).


We managed to avoid the traffic jam and stop at the Market Square to bought some souvenirs for people back home. We bought some beautiful flowers and strawberry plant too. Kak Mun was so excited about it and promised that she will take care of the strawberry. :)



This chilli is so BIG!

Yep, what point you go to Cameron Highland without eating the strawberry? So, of course we did go to the strawberry farm and enjoyed the fresh plucked strawberry with sweet powder sugar.

Okey, anything else? Yes, the Rose Valley. Kak Mun was the one who are the most excited to see thousands different kind of rosses. It was amazing to see so many types of rosses they have. Yet, it was a lovely place to go. I had fun taking pictures, as usual. :)



We decided to take breakfast since we all was like zombie-hungry. I wanted to go to the T-Cafe again to have the sweet nice scones but sadly it is closed on sunday. But then, we discovered this one restaurant called Vintage Cafe. Since I found the word 'Vintage' sounds nice, despite the fact that we don't want to have breakfast at the mamak, so we decided to gave it a try.

It was worth it. First entered the restaurant, no one was there. We was the only costumer by that time. The owner and the chef of the place was so friendly and gave us a very good services. So he said that I should taste the Speghatti of his own recipe. So, I'll give a try.

Just look at the picture. ( I did managed to took the meal's picture this time.)


Yummy.

It was magnificent. Even though it looks so simple, but it was rich with different types of flavour. Sweet, sour, cheesy, tomatois and many more. The flavour just burst into my mouth and just keep me wanting more of it. Altough the price can't be compared to T-Cafe, but it was worth every penny.

We also managed to ordered a dessert. Soft pancake with freshly made strawberry jam and whipped creak. It was heavenly good.

So, after satisfied with our brunch, we started the road to back home. This time we decided to used the Tapah road and stoped at the Boh Tea Plantation Estate.

My, my. This is what I called, 'ESTATE'. It was nothing like the Bharat Tea Plantation.


It's so BIG! All the mountains on the way to the tea shop was covered with Boh Tea plant! Untill the top of the hills too! We were like so amazed by it untill we arrived at the tea shop I finally realized I got a major headache due to the very-snake-like road untill we have to honk at each corner just to make sure that other car on the other side alert. After having hot Boh Tea, only then I felt much more better.

We also climb to the top of the mountain to the view point. It was so big and it is everywhere. We were surrounded by the tea plant. It was a magnificent view.




So then, we started head back home. I was a little upset, but this 2 days 1 night trip was the best moment for me. So, it was like bye-bye cameron.. and my delicious scones.


That was a story of me on my memorable holiday and hoping that anyone who read this would felt like he/she is being there with me on this trip.

Love,
Aishah.

4 comments:

miss eLyA =) said...

hee hee cool gler weh!!! like i'v told u before,the only thing i remembered of the trip i had to cameron when i was 4 was that i puke like crazy!! i mean yes LIKE CRAZY!! we had to leave the door open just so dat i can puke easily OUT of the car LOL!! hehe anyway, i LUURRVVE scones!! i had in back in europe last time and gues wat!! i know a place IN JB that sells scones! seriously! and yeah,its damn delicious! one day i bawak u! tak mahal sgt pon! 4 for 8 bucks!! i guess we'll be havin breakfast together soon then eh? muah :)

miss eLyA =) said...

scones scones scones!!!

go for scones!!!!!!!!!!!

wooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

natto said...

hahahah~
cameron best gile kan?? ^^
huhuhu~
strawberry~~!!! aaaaaaa~~
i still have the cactus at my house. yayang punye cactus kat rumah asyik tumbang sbb berat sgt. x balance. hahaha~ ^^

Mohamad Nazmi Zaidi said...

ha ha ha. i just went there last week. surprisingly we went to all the places you went, minus bala's chalet. because i MISSED the steep road to the place.

the pics pun almost the same with mine. check them in my blog. ha ha ha.

by the way el, you cant have your scones!